If you have been playing Elite Dangerous recently then you may have encountered a few bugs following the most recent update. ‘The Commanders’ update began rolling out earlier this month and didn’t get off to the best start, causing a simulation failure and throwing some systems out of balance. At the time, Frontier resorted to rolling back the game but a proper fix for bugs will be landing in ‘early May’.
Frontier has now detailed the Elite Dangerous update 2.3.01, which will fix most of the issues introduced with the 2.3 update.
Here are the key fixes but more may be piled on, so these patch notes aren’t entirely complete:
- Galaxy map UI tag not pointing to selected target body
- Packhounds having infinite ammunition
- Multicrew bug fixes
- Various Stability improvements across the board
- Missing Galnet articles will be fixed
- Xbox main menu softlock will be fixed
- Large frame rate drop when friends log in to the game
There will be an updated patch notes post in early May, when Frontier is ready to begin rolling it out. In the meantime, Elite Dangerous players will either have to wait or put up with the in-game issues for a bit longer.
KitGuru Says: I’ve not jumped into Elite Dangerous for a while so I don’t have much first hand experience with these issues. Have any of you guys been playing recently? Have you run into many problems?