Home / Lifestyle / Mobile / Apple / Apple iAds launching in Europe, soon

Apple iAds launching in Europe, soon

Apple are launching their iAds service in Europe within the next couple of months. This is sure to be unpopular, but it will generate millions of pounds of revenue for the Cupertino technology giant.

iAds is an advertising feature which can place advertising within iOS applications for Apple devices. It is going to appear in the UK and France at the end of this year and then Germany in January.

The client list so far includes L’Oréal, Renault, Nespresso, Perrier, Unilever, Citi, Evian, LG Display, Absolute Radio, AB InBev, Turkish Airlines and Absolute Radio. Apple are confident that this list will expand and they claim to have already signed up more than half of the advertising industrys wealthiest clients in only four months. They do tend to move quickly when money is involved.

Apples iAd boss Andy Miller

These ads will not only pop up in news readers and applications, but also games. So you can expect to be reading about a great deal with Turkish Airlines just as you pull off that tricky headshot – that is bound to go down like a fart in a spacesuit with the iOS gaming community.

Andy Miller, Apple iAd boss is obviously excited by the new scheme “We’re thrilled to add leading global brands to the iAd Network in Europe and create even more great opportunities for developers”. We guess a quote such as “Sorry if we piss off a lot of our gamers, but we need to generate another billion in revenue in 2011” might not go down a treat with his bosses.

Developers receive 60 percent of all revenue generated by the in App ads, leaving Apple with a whopping 40 percent. Very tasty indeed.

KitGuru says: Are you looking forward to the new iAd campaigns? If you are and your name isn't Andy Miller, then please let us know.

Become a Patron!

Check Also

Apple might be planning an iPhone ‘Ultra’ to further push prices up

Over the last few years, Apple has been slowly adjusting the iPhone line-up to allow …