While LG is not normally known for their phones, the Optimus 4X HD has hopes to match the likes of HTC's One X and Samsung's Galaxy S III. Their flagship offering is now shipping in Germany. The Netherlands, Sweden, UK and Italy will see the Optimus flagship launch in their respective regions in the coming weeks. Eventually it will also make it to Asia, Russia, Southern and Central America in the coming months.
The Optimus 4X HD was first seen at Mobile World Congress in February and here is a specification list:
- 4.7″ (720p) True HD IPS display
- 1.5 GHz Quad Core NVIDIA Tegra 3 SoC
- 8MP rear camera and 1.3MP front shooter
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage plus MicroSD slot
- 2150 mAh battery
- 8.9mm thin
- SHSPA+ 21Mbps connectivity
- NFC and MHL
- Optimus UI 3.0
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
KitGuru says: It looks impressive on paper, and it will only be a matter of time until we hear if LG has stepped up their software development abilities.