Dell has announced a new product to meet the demands of users working in harsh environments. According to Dell, its new Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme device is the most powerful 12-inch fully rugged tablet on the market.
The new Latitude 17220 Rugged Extreme tablet is designed to meet the needs of workers in harsh environments, the device aims to provide a strong and powerful system to people working in environments ranging from the factory floor to desert sandstorm or arctic conditions. The new Latitude 7220 is the most powerful and lightweight Rugged 12-inch tablet available.
Dell has updated the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme with an enhanced 1000 nit FHD display incorporating an anti-glare coating which allows users to access and showcase their work, even when out in direct sunlight. The display also features touch-sensitive controls that are glove responsive and multi-touch capable.
The Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme provides secure and reliable communications for first responder, public safety organisers and service utilities organisations. Featuring a range of built-in qualities including access to FirstNet which is designed for emergency services and includes always-on and preemption for first responders, allowing them to connect to the data they need in an emergency.
key features and specifications of the Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged extreme include:
- High-performance processing power for the most in-demand field applications – The tablet can be configured to individual user needs, with options including the latest 8th Generation Intel Core Processors boasting up to 2TB of high performance and reliable PCIe solid state drives.
- Reliability and safety in extreme environments – The tablet has passed MIL-STD-810G/H testing and is also IP-65 rated for protection against dust, dirt, and water ingress, along with hazardous location Class 1 Div 2 certifications. Drop tested from 4 ft and tested to withstand -20 to 145 Fahrenheit temperatures, the tablet is built to support you whatever the environment.
- Uninterrupted power – Optional dual hot-swappable battery-architecture and on-the-go charging ecosystem for uninterrupted operation.
- Optimal Screen Interactivity – Anti-glare treatments on the 1000 NIT FHD displays provides excellent readability in all conditions. The new Rugged Active Pen and glove-capable multi-touch functionality enables a reliable pen and touch experience.
- Mission-critical connectivity – 802.11ax Wifi, global 4G/LTE broadband and assignable RF pass-through options for WWAN, WLAN and GPS mean users can easily stay connected wherever they are.
- Integrated security features – A built-in infrared camera with Windows Hello facial recognition allows users to log in into their devices securely and easily. Optional next-generation fingerprint, contactless and contacted smartcard readers benefit those needing to balance the security of their data with user accessibility.
- Easy integration – IT managers will appreciate the ease of deployment – the Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet is compatible with most existing Latitude Rugged Extreme tablet vehicle and desk docks and previous generation accessories.
- Support services designed to make unplanned downtime a thing of the past – Dell Pro Support Plus service options include 24/7 access to the most experienced Dell technicians and same or next business day onsite repair after remote diagnosis.
“Dell Rugged customers are often operating in the most challenging, unpredictable environments out there, and constant access to their data can be vital to their roles. The new Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme tablet offers the latest processors and several connectivity options in a compact, light device, perfect for those in the field,” comments Tom Tobul, vice president, Dell Specialty Products.
The Dell Latitude 7220 Rugged Extreme is available to purchase in the UK now, with prices starting from £1760.79 direct from the Dell website store.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: The use of technology in first response emergency situations is critical these days. A tough reliable device is important in such harsh working environments and will give workers more confidence in the capability of the device, knowing it will always perform as expected.