Many of you know AVerMedia are a driving force when it comes to products aimed at content creation, they make all sorts of devices like capture cards, webcams and USB condenser microphones. We’ve reviewed many of these in the past but today we’re taking a look at their brand-new Live Streamer AM330, a dynamic XLR microphone aimed at live streamers and content creators, coming in at £91.99. Is this going to give you the audio quality of your dreams? Let’s find out!
- Dynamic microphone
- Cardioid polar pickup pattern
- Built-in pop filter
- XLR connection type
- Phantom Power not required
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 18KHz
- Sensitivity: -52dB plus/minus 3dB at 1KHz (1V/Pa)
- Dimensions 56 x 167 mm
- Weight: Microphone 530.6g / Bracket 95.8g
- 3m XLR cable included
- Interchangeable colour ring included
- 5/8” to 3/8” thread adapter included
- Required audio interface/mixer not included
We don't yet have a buy-link for the AVerMedia Live Streamer AM330 microphone but we have been told the MSRP is £91.99.
- Great build quality.
- Beautiful design and aesthetics.
- Fully metal construction including metal mounting threads.
- Good audio quality is obtainable in certain use cases.
- Very distorted despite gain/volume settings when at 10cm or closer.
- In-built pop filter isn’t very good, buy an external pop filter.
KitGuru says: The build quality, aesthetics and construction of the AM330 are brilliant, it’s a very aesthetically pleasing microphone when used on video and it can sound good but, sadly, the distortion when used close up and the ineffective built-in pop filter makes us recommend the RODE Podmic at the same price point over this one.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here