Razer seems to have simplified its naming system when it comes to the new peripherals being released today. The new Razer Kraken is in fact the successor to the Kraken Pro V2, and comes with the same MSRP of £79.99. A lot of features have carried over to this new model, but Razer has also made improvements to the ear cushions, headband padding and microphone – making it similar to the more expensive Kraken TE.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Colour availability: Green, Quartz Pink, Console (Black & Blue), Mercury
- Frequency response: 12 Hz – 28 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 109 dB
- Input power: 30 mW (Max)
- Drivers: 50 mm, with Neodymium magnets
- Inner ear cup diameter: 54 mm x 65 mm
- Connection type: Analog 3.5 mm
- Cable length: 1.3 m / 4.27 ft.
- Weight: 322 g / 0.71 lbs
- In-line control: volume control wheel, microphone mute toggle
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 60 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -45 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional ECM boom
- Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio jack
- Audio + microphone usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
- Audio / mic splitter adapter cable usage: Devices with separate 3.5 mm audio and microphone jacks
KitGuru says: Razer seems to have made some worthwhile changes to the Kraken, and simplifying the product line up will make life easier for the consumer. Make sure to keep an eye out for a full review in the near future.