The ROG Strix Impact II is a lightweight, ambidextrous gaming mouse that has been ‘co-designed with pro gamers for optimal performance,’ while still maintaining a low price tag. We put this mouse under the microscope to see just how good it is, and if it can really help you join the ranks of the pro gamers.
Watch via our Vimeo Channel (Below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Tracking: Optical
- 6,200 DPI optical sensor with a four-level DPI switch for sensitivity adjustment.
- 220 IPS
- 1000hz polling rate
- 30g max acceleration
- OS Support: Windows® 10
- Dimensions: L120 x H62.5 x W39.5mm
- Weight: 75g without cable
- Colour: Black – Semi transparent, two part plastic shell
- 50m click lifespan
- Omron switches
- USB 2.0
Compatible switch list for ROG switch socket:
- Omron D2F Series switches: D2F, D2F-F, D2F-01, D2F-01F
- Omron D2FC Series switches: D2FC-3M, D2FC-F-7N, D2FC-F-7N(10M), D2FC-F-7N(20M)
The ASUS ROG STRIX IMPACT II has an MSRP of £44.99, Amazon UK is currently selling it for £52.14 HERE!
- Thin design.
- Changeable switches are great to expand lifespan and adds customisation.
- Great specs.
- Affordable price.
- The linear design with little support for your thumb and pinkie.
- Not ideal for claw grip as the material is very slippery.
- Material makes hands sweat.
- Plastic design feels a bit cheap.
- Plain design.
- Scroll wheel is has very little resistance.
- The rubber cable is prone to kinking.
KitGuru says: This mouse is basic when it comes to design and functionality but considering the price it is a decent option for any aspiring pro gamers out there.