Today we’re checking out the new king of the hill, the Corsair K100 RGB. Its predecessor, the K95 Platinum XT, was already an expensive keyboard but the K100 comes in at an even higher price point of £229.99. Boasting Corsair’s brand new AXOM technology, OPX optical switches along with Elgato Stream Deck compatible G-Keys… is this the best keyboard of 2020?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Black anodized brushed aluminium finish
- Per-key RGB
- 22-Zone rear RGB lightedge
- 11-Zone right and left RGB lightedges
- Six macro keys compatible with Elgato Stream Deck software
- PBT double-shot keycaps
- ABS macro and FPS/MOBA keycaps
- USB 2.0 passthrough port
- Up to 200 on-board profiles
- Dedicated media keys and volume roller
- Windows lock key
- Adjustable hight with flip-out feet
- 82m braided cable, 2x USB-A (one for passthrough)
- Corsair OPX optical mechanical switches (45g actuation force, 1.0mm actuation distance, 3.2mm travel distance, 150m keypresses)
- AXON hyper-processing technology (4,000Hz hyper-polling rate)
- Full N-key rollover
- 100% Anti-ghosting
- Customisable control wheel
- iCUE software
You will be able purchase the Corsair K100 RGB Keyboard, for £229.99, from Overclockers UK – we will update the review with a buy link as soon as it becomes available.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Excellent design and aesthetic choices.
- Minimal flex and great build quality.
- OPX switches are lightning fast and responsive.
- AXON 4,000Hz polling rate is best in class.
- Dampened switch noise, feels and sounds premium.
- Very comfortable wrist rest.
- PBT keycaps feel amazing and also let the RGB shine through.
- RGB lightedges on the side and back.
- Excellent software with an array of customisable options.
- Elgato Stream Deck supported G-Keys.
- The control wheel takes functionality to the next level.
- High price point, but this is Corsair’s flagship keyboard.
KitGuru says: Corsair have truly outdone themselves with their latest flagship, and it goes above and beyond. The AXON technology, 4,000Hz polling rate paired with their new linear OPX switches deliver a sublime gaming experience. It may be pricey, but the K100 RGB is the best keyboard of 2020.