Today we are going to take a look at the latest addition to Corsair’s popular K70 series, the K70 RGB TKL. This 80% keyboard has a whopping 8000Hz polling rate and is aimed at esports gamers, with a tournament switch that disables any on-board functions and software. Coming in at £139.99, does this board deserve a place on your desk?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
00:15 Introduction / unboxing / keys
01:52 Build Quality / underneath / rear
02:45 Speed is the focus – 8000Hz polling rate
03:42 Switches discussion / sound test
04:41 Lighting capabilities
05:41 Software overview
07:35 Gaming experience
08:15 Closing Thoughts
- Switches: Cherry MX RGB Mechanical
- Actuation: 45G
- Actuation distance on Reds: 2.0mm
- Keycaps: PBT double shot 1.5mm
- FPS and MOBA keycaps: ABS
- Connectivity: USB 3.0 Type A
- USB report rate: up to 8000Hz polling rate
- Keyscan: 4000Hz
- Matrix: Full Key rollover with 100% anti-ghosting
- On-board profiles: up to 50 depending on complexity
- Media keys: 5
- Cable: 1.82m USB type C to type A, detachable black braided
- Dimensions: 360mm (L) x 164mm (W) x 40mm (H)
- Weight: 0.93KG
You can purchase the Corsair K70 RGB TKL from Overclockers UK for £139.99 HERE.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Brushed metal plate.
- Spare keycaps for MOBA and FPS.
- USB-C detachable cable.
- 8000Hz polling rate.
- Great quality, specs and aesthetics.
- Spare keycaps are just ABS.
- Stiff cable.
- No option for clicky/tactile switches.
KitGuru says: It may be aimed at competitive gamers, but this is an all-round excellent TKL keyboard.