Today we are looking at the Philips 248X3LFH, a beautifully styled 23.6 inch LightFrame monitor. Philips claim that the LightFrame not only looks great, but will help to reduce eye strain. At around £230 inc vat it won’t hurt the bank balance too badly, but is it actually any good?
Getting a good monitor today is not difficult, however there are so many models under £300 that it can be difficult to prune a shortlist down to a couple of high performing models.
The Philips 248X3LFH is built around a 23.6 inch LED panel with a ‘smartimage’ option. Philips have basically pre-programmed the panel with a handful of modes to suit your working environment.
The 248X3LFH is a Mercury free design which is built around 100 percent recyclable components. The main talking point however will be the LightFrame 2-enabled front bezel which helps make the display stand out in such a crowded marketplace.
- Innovative LightFrame™ technology relaxes your eyes
- LED technology for brilliant images
- SmartImage optimised for ease of use
- SmartKolor for rich vibrant images
- SmartTxt for an optimised reading experience
- HDMI-ready for 16:9 Full HD entertainment
- Cool blue lighted bezel helps improve concentration