ASUS are known for their high-end Republic of Gamers products and peripherals, 5 years ago they released the 12 button Spatha wireless gaming mouse, which came with a case, dock, spare switches and more but it was very big, heavy and expensive at £139.99. Fast forward to today and ASUS are back at it again but this time with the Spatha X, an almost identical mouse in every way but with some improvements… and even a downgrade? Is it worth the even higher asking price of £149.99? Let’s find out.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Programmable 12-button design with advanced customization options
- Connectivity: wired or wireless RF 2.4 GHz modes
- PixArt 3370, 19,000 dpi optical sensor
- 1000 Hz polling rate in both 2.4 GHz and wired modes
- 400 IPS and 50g acceleration
- Up to 67 hours of battery life in wireless mode with RGB off
- Exclusive push-fit switch sockets to customize click force and extend the lifespan of the mouse
- ROG Micro Switches offer consistent click force and 70-million-click lifespan
- Pivoted button mechanism for faster and more responsive mouse clicks
- DPI On-The-Scroll enables effortless accuracy adjustments
- 2x 2m ROG Paracord USB-A to USB-C cables
- Exclusive Armoury Crate software for intuitive configuration of settings
- Dimensions: 89 x 137 x 45mm
- Weight: 168g
You can purchase the ASUS ROG Spatha X when it releases at £149.99, from Box.co.uk, HERE!
- Excellent build quality
- Great performance
- Much better battery life
- Easy to replace switches and spares included
- Minimal upgrades compared to the original
- 6 Button layout can be awkward at times
KitGuru says: The Spatha X is pretty much identical to the 2016 Spatha but with a few minor improvements to make it hold its own within 2021. It has great build quality, great performance and feel but definitely aimed at those with larger hands. However; we wish ASUS made some adjustments to the 6 button layout and made it lighter as 168g is still too heavy.