Corsair has launched the Dark Core RGB Pro mouse, with three connectivity modes, nine RGB zones, OMRON switches and something they call “hyper-polling”. Should you purchase one? While you contemplate it, what happens If you own the world’s largest desk? You’ll be needing one of the world’s largest mouse mats! We also check out Corsair’s MM500 3XL mouse pad today.
Watch video via Vimeo (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
MM500 3XL Mouse Pad
- 1220mm x 610mm / 48” x 24”
- Precision anti-fray edges
- Super durable construction
- Glide enhanced textile surface
- Low-friction tracking
You can purchase the MM500 3XL mouse pad, from Overclockers UK for £39.95, HERE!
- Premium cloth finish.
- Anti-fray edges.
- Comfortable and durable 3mm rubber base.
- Very understated design looks great and not distracting.
- Very pungent synthetic smell.
- Almost too large.
Dark Core RGB Pro
- Black colourway
- Three connectivity modes:
- Wired via USB-2.0 to PC, USB-C to mouse – also charges via USB
- Slipstream 2.4Ghz wireless – up to 16 hours with lighting 36 hours without
- Bluetooth – up to 18 hours with lighting and 50 hours without
- Pixart PAW3392 optical sensor
- 100 – 18,000 DPI
- 1,000/2,000Hz Polling rate
- Three onboard profiles
- Omron switches 50m lifespan
- Nine-zone RGB
- Eight buttons
- PTFE pads
- Cable length of 1.8m
- Dimensions: 127 x 89 x 43mm
- Weight 133g without cable and accessories
- Two years warranty
- iCUE software support
The Dark Core RGB Pro has an MSRP of £89.99
- Changeable pinkie rest included.
- Design and aesthetics are excellent.
- Super comfortable and ergonomic.
- Rubber palm rest feels great.
- Three connectivity modes to suit all needs.
- 2,000Hz polling rate could be a game changer for some people.
- Price point is high but accessible.
- iCUE software is easy and intuitive.
- Very heavy for an FPS mouse.
- Not for small hands.
- Shiny plastic on L/R buttons almost looks greasy.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: the MM500 3XL mouse pad is outstanding quality and despite being a simple bit of tech, can really make all the difference to a well-oiled setup, ensuring ease of use and consistency between matches. We definitely recommend it but only if you have a desk large enough! The Dark Core RGB Pro is also an excellent bit of kit, the design choices are great but is “hyper-polling”, 2000Hz polling rate, really the next big thing to happen for PC gamers? We were impressed with how responsive the Dark Core RGB Pro performed but only time will tell if other companies adopt this tech. The Dark Core RGB Pro by Corsair is worth buying in our opinion.