Today we’re looking at the brand new Katar Pro Wireless mouse by Corsair, coming in at £44.99. This is a mid-weight, mid-price wireless mouse that’s powered by a single AA battery. Is this another Logitech G305 clone or does the Katar Pro have more to offer? Let’s find out.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Black colourway
- Dimensions: 115.8 x 64.2 x 37.8 mm
- Weight: 96g
- 2.4GHz Slipstream Wireless sub-1ms response via included USB-A dongle
- Bluetooth 4.1 + LE
- AA Alkaline battery required (one is provided)
- PixArt PMW3325 optical sensor
- 200 – 10,000 DPI
- 1,000Hz Polling rate
- 135 Hour battery life via continuous 2.4GHz Slipstream Wireless
- 1 x RGB LED indicator zone
- 6 Buttons – 5 of which are programmable
- Compatible with Corsair’s iCUE software
You can purchase the Corsair Katar Pro Wireless, for £44.99 from Overclockers UK HERE!
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
- Styled after the Logitech G203 design but slightly more aggressive.
- No flex on the sides or top of the removable shell.
- Stores USB dongle next to the battery compartment.
- Single AA battery offers 135 hours via 2.4GHz Slipstream Wireless.
- 2.4GHz Slipstream Wireless is very reliable and stable.
- Good, yet basic, software options via iCUE.
- Competitive price point.
- Very smooth glide pads.
- Poor lift off distance results (only stops tracking after 3 DVD in height).
- Lack of pinky support for claw and fingertip grip.
- Pre & post travel on both primary buttons.
- Unbalanced weight distribution.
KitGuru says: We think the Katar Pro Wireless does a good job at being a mid-range, simple and straight to the point gaming mouse. For those that want the benefit of incredibly stable wireless, with the ability to switch between devices via the connectivity switch, all whilst running on a single AA battery, then this may be the mouse for you.