Towards the end of 2016 we saw a lot of ‘all-singing, all-dancing’ mice, packed with features and multiple RGB lighting zones. However, such a design is not for everyone – which is where the Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 comes in. The Clutch G1 is designed to be a simple mouse that ‘just works’, offering top performance first-and-foremost. With its price of £59.99 it looks to offer reasonable value as well.
Given the Clutch G1 is designed by Fnatic Gear, the peripheral brand behind the popular eSports team, we would expect a good design suitable for professional gamers. With the Clutch G1 utilising the PMW 3310 optical sensor as well, things look good on paper so let’s dive right into the review.
- Dimensions: W – 68mm, L – 130 mm, H – 43mm
- Weight: 116g
- MCU/Processor: Holtek HT68FB560
- Main Switches: Omron D2FC-F-7N
- Sensor: PMW 3310
- Memory: 256kB
- Resolution: 5000 CPI
- Tracking speed: 130 IPS
- Max Acceleration: 30G
- Report Rate: Adjustable, up to 1000Hz
- Connection: Gold plated USB
- Package Content: CLUTCH G1 Optical Gaming Mouse, Quick Start Guide