QNAP’s TS-1677X family sit under the company’s enterprise banner, with the systems sporting 16-bay NAS designs powered by AMD Ryzen processors with up to 64GB of DDR4 memory support. The units feature a pair of integrated 10GbE networking ports and three PCI-e slots.
The TS-1677X comes in four basic models using three different AMD Ryzen processors. The TS-1677X-1700-64G and TS-1677X-1700-16G (our review sample) are powered by the AMD Ryzen 1700 processor with 64GB and 16GB of DDR4 memory respectively. The TS-1677X-1600-8G uses a Ryzen 5 1600 backed by 8GB of DDR4 memory, while the TS-1677X-1200-4G has a Ryzen 3 1200 at its heart, backed by 4GB of DDR4. The maximum amount of memory supported by the chassis is 64GB via four DIMM slots.
When it comes to networking capability, the TS-1677X is very well equipped with a pair of integrated 10GbE NICs and four 1GbE ones. There’s also a choice of three PCIe slots, two Gen.3.0, x8 and x4 and a single Gen.2.0 x4.
The TS-1677X can also be fitted with a dedicated graphics card for AI-computing, video processing or GPU-pass through to VMs, although only Nvidia cards are supported by the QTS OS and dimensions are limited to 266 x 112 x 45 mm. There’s a list of cards supported on QNAP’s online Compatibility List. To provide enough power for the graphics card, the TS-1677X uses a 550W PSU as standard.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0 GHz Turbo Core 3.7 GHz
- Memory: 16GB DDR4
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 4
- Rear panel connectors: 4 x 1GbE, 2 x 10GbE, 6 x USB 3.0 Type A, 1 x USB 3.0 Type C, 2 x 3.5 mm microphone jacks, 1 x 3.5 mm audio jack
- Front panel connectors: 1 x USB 3.0 (One-Touch Copy button)
- PCIe slots: 3 – 1 x Gen.3.0 x8, 1 x Gen.3.0 x4, 1 x Gen.2.0 x4
- RAID support: 0,1,5.6,10,50,60
- Cooling: Active – 2 x 90mm CPU, 3 x 92mm system
- Drive Bays Supported: 16 (12 x 3.5in, 4 x 2.5in)
- Maximum hard drive size supported: 14TB
- Maximum Capacity: 168TB
- Internal File System support: EXT4
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 319.8 x 369.89 x 303.84mm.
- Weight: 13.29kg.