Today, Razer is announcing its latest gaming headset, targeting multi-platform gamers who like to bring their headset across PC, console and mobile. The Razer Barracuda X is a 4-in-1 wireless headset with TriForce drivers, Discord-certification and low-latency wireless audio.
The Razer Barracuda X was developed from the ground-up to be versatile. This is shown through the various audio technologies in use, including Razer’s HyperClear microphone, Discord-certification, ultra-low latency wireless via a HyperSpeed USB-C dongle, surround sound (PC only) and compatibility across PC, Android devices, Nintendo Switch and PlayStation. The headset can also be used in wired mode with a USB-C cable or 3.5mm headphone jack, making them compatible with pretty much any device.
Under the ear cups, you will find Razer’s 40mm ‘TriForce’ drivers for audio. The ear cups have a low-profile design and are angled to fit every ear shape. They can be adjusted and swivelled for a more personalised fit. The ear cushions use a thick memory foam to keep pressure from forming on your head too. All of this, combined with the 250g weight, ensures comfort during long gaming sessions.
Thanks to the USB-C HyperSpeed dongle, the headset can be paired to a PC, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch or Android device without any need for pairing and creating a plug-and-play experience. When used in wireless mode, the Barracuda X can last up to 20 hours of continuous use.
Here are the full specifications for the headset:
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
- Sensitivity: 96dBSPL/[email protected] by HATS
- Drivers: Customized Dynamic 40mm Driver
- Inner ear cup diameter: 60 x 40mm
- Connection type: USB Type C or wired 3.5mm connection
- Cable length: 1.5m / 4.92 ft
- Approx. weight: 250g / 0.55lbs
- Oval ear cushions: Full-ear coverage with fabric and plush leatherette, for sound isolation and comfort
- Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: ≥ 60 dB
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -42 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional
- On-earcup controls
- Volume up and down
- Mic mute on/off toggle
The Razer Barracuda X is available starting today from the Razer Store for $99.99. Discuss on our Facebook page, HERE.
KitGuru Says: Do many of you use your headset across multiple devices? What do you think of the Razer Barracuda X?