The ASUS Cerberus Mechanical RGB Keyboard is the newest addition to the line up of existing gaming keyboards in the Cerberus series. The Cerberus range is reasonably budget friendly when it comes to gaming peripherals but the Cerberus Mech RGB boasts a range of features normally found on more expensive keyboards . With mechanical keys, fully customisable RGB back-lighting and a retail price of £100 – is the Cerberus as good as it sounds?
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE.
- Switch type : Kaihua RGB Mechanical Switch available in Blue, Brown, Red and Black
- Switch Life cycle: 70-million keystrokes
- Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
- 100% anti ghosting & N-Key rollover technology
- Software: Cerberus Gaming keyboard software
- Macro Recording: On-the-fly recording Support
- Media Controls: Yes via the Function key
- Connection: Wired, USB 2.0
- OS Support: Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7
- Dimensions: 448mm(L) x 150mm(W) x 35 mm(H)
- Weight: 1250g
- Box Contents
1 x Cerberus Mech RGB
1 x Quick Start Guide
4 x Extra keycaps
1 x Key cap puller
- Responsive and durable Kaihua mechanical switches.
- Fully customisable RGB back-lighting.
- Good build quality.
- Cerberus software is reasonably basic and slow to use.
- No wrist rest.
- No option to sync lighting effects with other ASUS products.
- Unimaginative design
Discuss on our Facebook page, over HERE.
Buy from Overclockers UK for £119.99 inc vat HERE.
KItGuru says: The Cerberus mechanical RGB is a solid technical design and is worth considering – but it faces some very stiff competition in 2017.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here