While MSI is best known for its motherboards, graphics cards and laptops, over the last couple of years the Taiwanese manufacturer has branched out and is placing more and more focus on its gaming peripherals. Today we are looking at the latest MSI headset, the Immerse GH50. Priced at £80, the GH50 sports 40mm neodymium drivers, virtual 7.1 surround sound and RGB illuminated earcups. Is this headset worth picking up?
On top of the features outlined above, the MSI Immerse GH50 also boasts a folding design, so it is easy to pack down and carry with you, an in-line remote controller which can adjust the virtual 7.1 surround as well as adjust the volume, while its microphone uses a unidirectional pattern. If you’re looking at spending less than £100 on a wired gaming headset, the GH50 could be one to add to your final shortlist.
- MODEL NAME: IMMERSE GH50 GAMING HEADSET
- SPEAKER FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz~20KHz
- CONNECTOR: 2.0 USB
- CABLE: 2.2m with gold-plated connector
- PRODUCT DIMENSION: (MM) 170 x 80 x 200mm
- DRIVER UNIT: 40mm Neodymium
- SPEAKER SENSITIVITY (SPL): 109 dB ± 3 dB
- SPEAKER IMPENDANCE: 32 ohm ± 15%
- PICK-UP PATTERN: Unidirectional
- MICROPHONE SENSITIVITY: -36 dB ± 3 dB
- MICROPHONE IMPEDANCE: 2.2k ohm
- MICROPHONE FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 100 Hz~10 kHZ
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7
- WEIGHT (PRODUCT / PACKAGE): 300g / 700g