Death Stranding 2: On the Beach was recently shown off properly for the first time at Sony’s most recent State of Play. As with all Kojima trailers, there were a whole lot of hidden details to unpack. Beyond this however, Kojima has now offered over a dozen new and exciting details on the upcoming game.
As part of Hideo Kojima’s newly-revived YouTube series HideoTube, the video game creator offered a ton of new and exciting details surrounding 2025’s Death Stranding 2: On the Beach. The full video can be found HERE, but just some of the more notable reveals (collated by Twitter user Okiami13_) include the fact that:
- The game’s finalised graphics will be even better than what was already shown in previous trailers
- Sam can now remove his backpack for lighter movement and combat
- DS2 features real-time terrain deformation, including natural disasters such as earthquakes, forest fires, floods and more
- The Magellan ship will feature heavily in gameplay, serving as a freely-moving base which can be called to you
- Fragile’s weird-looking ‘second hand’ neck accessory will be a ‘big’ part of the game
- DS2 is set on a completely different continent outside of America; will have story implications
As a massive fan of 2019’s Death Stranding, all the new additions seem to only be enhancing the title – hopefully making for an even more satisfying gameplay loop. We will have to wait and see, but Death Stranding 2: On the Beach so far looks set to be a highly innovative sequel.
KitGuru says: What do you think of all these new details? Are you excited for DS2? What do you enjoy more in Kojima titles: their stories or gameplay? Let us know down below.