2010 has been a great year for processor heatsinks, there are a plethora of options available, from modest budget £12 heatsinks to wallet sapping high end solutions costing in excess of £60.
Today we are looking at the Corator DS from Coolink, a company perhaps not recognised by many enthusiast users. They are the retail arm of Rascom who are involved with Noctua, one of KitGuru’s favourite cooling companies. The heatsink we are reviewing is a dual tower design that utilises Gapless Direct Touch technology with four large 8mm heat pipes transfering heat to aluminum fins. Today we are going to compare it against the similarly priced Thermaltake Frio and the top of the line cooler from Noctua, the NH D14 ‘Austrian Sandwich’.
Noctua are marketed to the high end enthusiast audience and the Coolink products are aimed more for performance users with slightly tighter budgets. We wouldn’t class them as a ‘budget’ cooling arm of the main parent company, just targeted slightly more at a mainstream audience. This cooler looks a little to me like a Noctua NH D14 after a diet, so it will be interesting to see how it compares.
The NH D14 and Frio are two of the finest coolers around the £40 and £60 price points and the Corator DS has a hefty task ahead of it to compete with either.
Coolink Corator SD GDT HSF Features
- Four 8mm heatpipes -Asymmetrical dual fin stacks
- Gapless Direct Touch technology
- SWiF2-120P high-performance 120mm fan
- PWM fan speed control
- SecuFirm2 multi-socket mounting system
- Chillaramic thermal compound
Coolink Corator SD CPU Cooler Specifications
- Socket compatibility Intel LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA775 AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3
- Height (with fan): 155 mm
- Width (with fan): 140 mm
- Depth (with fan): 121 mm
- Weight (with fan): 1040 g
- Material: Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminum (cooling fins)
- Fan size: 120x120x25 mm
- Fan: Coolink SWiF2-120P
- Bearing: high-performance hydro-dynamic bearing
- Rotational Speed (+/- 10%): 800 – 1700 RPM
- Airflow: 60.4 – 127.6 ml/h
- Acoustical Noise: 8.5 – 27.1 dB/A
- Scope of Delivery: Heatsink, SWiF2-120P Fan, Mounting Hardware (SecuFirm2 for AMD & Intel), Thermal Paste, English Manual
- Warranty: 5 years