Over the past couple of years ASRock have really upped their game and are now competing with world renowned motherboard manufacturers such as Asus and Gigabyte. We have looked at a number of motherboards from ASRock recently and none of them have failed to impress. So when they offered us their latest high end X79 model to test, we expected great things. Has it is delivered the goods?
Today we are going to look at the ASRock X79 Extreme11 Motherboard which is aimed at the ‘luxury’ end of the market. It boasts an impressive specification which includes ten SATA3 connectors and four way SLI and CrossfireX support.
It also supports PCI Express 3.0 and features premium gold capacitors and dual-stack MOSFETs.
- 7 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (2 x PLX PEX 8747 bridges), Support 4-Way SLI/CrossFireX in full x16 PCIe 3.0 speed
- 8 SAS2/SATA3 from LSI™ SAS 2308 PCIe 3.0 Controller
- Creative Sound Core3D 7.1 CH, Supports Premium Headset Amplifier, THX TruStudio PRO™
- Premium Gold Caps (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Supports Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM)
- Supports Digi Power, 24 + 2 Power Phase Design
- Supports Quad Channel DDR3 2500+(OC)
- Broadcom PCIE Dual LAN with Teaming Function
- 8 USB 3.0 (4 Front, 4 Back), 10 SATA3 (2 from Intel® X79, 8 from LSI)
- Supports XFast 555, OMG, Internet Flash, Easy RAID Installer, Interactive UEFI, UEFI System Browser
- Free Bundle : 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel, 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, MAGIX Multimedia Suite