KitGuru has covered the Sandybridge platform fairly regularly in the last month, analysing Intel’s K processors, and pushing them to their limits. Today however we are taking our first look at an MSI board, the fully loaded P67A-GD65. This features MSI’s clever Icy Choke Technology.
These MSI chokes run up to 20c cooler than normal chokes and when combined with the ‘high c’ capacitors that MSI use they allow the company to shrink the heatsinks and offering smaller, more compact VRM cooling.
This can be benefical in many ways, especially as the CPU socket has more physical space around it for mounting larger coolers.
- Military Class II components: Top quality & stability
- OC Genie II: Auto OC to boost performance in 1 sec
- ClickBIOS: Easy-to-use UEFI BIOS interface
- Super Charger: fast charge iPad/iPhone/smartphone
- THX TruStudio PRO: deliver the fullest audio experience
- Support USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s