2010 has been a great year for high quality power supplies with some fantastic releases from leading manufacturers such as Corsair and Enermax. We have reviewed many of the leading supplies such as the AX1200, AX850 and Revolution 85+ 1020W.
Today we looking at a new model in the Thermaltake range, the Toughpower Grand 750w which is 80 PLUS gold certified. Thermaltake are claiming over 90% efficiency. As well as the high levels of efficiency the supply offers 12V1 with dedicated single rail and FanDelayCool technology with a 14cm dual bearing fan to offer enhanced product life. The supply is nVidia SLI certified and offers Intel C6 State Mode Support. It is fully capable of handling a GTX295, GTX480, HD5970 and all high end video cards.
- Compliance with Intel ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.92 standards.
- 80 PLUS Gold certified – extreme efficiency PSU series with 87-92% efficiency @ 20-100% load to cut down electric cost.
- 24/7 @ 50℃: Guaranteed to deliver 750W continuous power.
- Pure aesthetic design with uncompromising performance.
- Proprietary dual ball bearing 14cm flower-shape fan enables longer lifespan and lowers overall noise output by dramatically reducing bearing frictions.
- 100% 105℃ (221℉) Japanese made electrolytic capacitors: the foundation of a robust and reliable power source even under the harshest operating environment.
- 105°C (221℉) Solid state capacitors not only last longer than electrolytic capacitors but also offer excellent durability and reliability.
- Newly designed Active PFC circuitry provides higher efficiency during low-voltage input.
- Double-forward switching circuitry: compared with traditional circuitry, double-forward switching circuitry offers low power loss and high reliability.
- Unparalleled DC to DC converters for 3.3V and 5V outputs to reach high efficiency.
- 12Vin1: single +12V rail design providing up to 52A.
- FanDelayCool Technology: allows 14cm fan to continue to operate 15-30 sec after system shuts-down to ensure all components are properly cooled.
- Multi-GPU ready: 2 x PCI-E 8pin & 2 x PCI-E 6pin for PCI-Express graphic cards.
- Auto switching circuitry for universal AC input from 90-264V.
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.95 at full load.
- High reliability: MTBF>120,000 hours.
- DIMENSION: 5.9”(W) x 3.4”(H) x 7.1” (L);150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 180mm(L)
- Built-in industry grade protections : Over Current, Over Power, Over Voltage, Under Voltage and Short-Circuit protection.
- Safety / EMI Approvals: CE, TUV, FCC, UL, CUL, GOST and BSMI certified.