Even though most serious gamers use mechanical keyboards these days, many do not realise that the technology behind those key-switches is over 30 years old. With that in mind, it is no wonder that Steelseries are looking to reinvent the wheel with their new Apex M800 mechanical board. It incorporates Steelseries branded switches, with a shorter travel distance than anything else out there.
Will that be enough to differentiate it from other RGB backlit boards available and can the key design compete with market leader Cherry? Let us find out.
- Weight: 1390 g (3.06 lbs).
- Width: 510 mm (20.08 in).
- Height: 174 mm (6.85 in).
- Depth: 41 mm (1.61 in).
- USB Cable Length: 2 m (6.6 ft).
Keys and Switches
- Anti-Ghosting: Zero Ghosting, 256 Keys at Once.
- Extra Quick Access Keys: 6.
- Multimedia Controls: One-Touch via F-Keys.
- QS1 Switch: 3mm Throw, 1.5mm.
- Ativation/Reset: 45cN Force. 60M Clicks.
- All Keys are Programmable.
- Intuitive and Simple Macro Editor.
- Text-based Macros (Direct to Console).
- Set Custom Profiles Per Application.
- Switch Profiles Across All Your SteelSeries Engine Devices.
- Number of Illumination Colors: 16.8 million.
- Unlimited Lighting Layers.
- Preset Effects, Create Your Own.
- Illuminated Custom Cooldown Timers.
- Individually Illuminated Keys: Centered LED, Clear Housing, Minimized Bleed.