Today we have a new product from the folks at Cooler Master, which will be put through its paces on our Intel Core i9-9900K test bench. The Cooler Master MasterAir MA620M is the company’s latest high-end air cooler. Can it compete with the likes of the Noctua NH-D15 and the Deepcool Assassin III? We find out today.
The MasterAir MA620M is Cooler Master’s latest take on what a high-end air-cooling solution should be, featuring a dual tower heatsink design with a centrally located SF120R 120mm fan. The MA620M exterior design and functional attributes are inspired by its older sibling, the Wraith Ripper.
Cooler Master has stayed true to the all-black design with the MasterAir MA620M and features addressable RGB lighting just like the Wraith Ripper. However, this time around the MA620M is designed for consumer desktop processors and offers a high-end air-cooling solution for those platforms.
Featuring a total of six heat pipes, the overall size of the MA620M is a more compact unit compared to the Wraith Ripper that inspired the design. Additionally, the MasterAir MA620M’s dual cooling towers have been elevated to provide up to 67mm of RAM clearance with an all-in-one locking mechanism for an improved installation experience.
Along with six copper heat pipes for high thermal performance to size ratio, the dual towers have a total of 55 aluminium cooling fins on each tower to provide a larger equally spread surface area for efficient heat dissipation.
The MA620M features a centrally mounted 120mm fan with 4-pin PWM connectivity for full control over temperature-based fan RPM. Cooler Master has gone to the trouble of labelling fan airflow direction on the cooler, which eliminates guesswork during installation. However, swapping the airflow direction doesn’t look like a simple job and would require dismantling the cooler to some degree. The cooler can be rotated 180° on the mounting, so effectively reverses airflow.
Addressable RGB has been implemented into the design, with a Cooler Master logo outline positioned on top of the cooler and a frame surrounding the logo sporting RGB lighting. The MasterAir MA620M has a 5v 3-pin ARGB cable which can connect to a motherboard header. Alternatively, a Cooler Master ARGB wired controller is provided in the box.
- Dual tower heatsink design
- Six heat pipes
- Elevated tower for 67mm RAM clearance
- Easy 2 part installation system
- Addressable RGB lighting
- CPU socket compatibility – LGA2066, LGA2011-v3, LGA2011, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1155, LGA1156, AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2, FM1
- Dimensions (L X W X H) – 135 x 125 x 165 mm / 5.3 x 4.9 x 6.5 inch
- Heat sink material – 6 Heat Pipes, aluminium Fins
- Fan dimensions (L X W X H) – 120 x 120 x 25 mm / 4.7 x 4.7 x 1 inch
- Fan quantity – 1 PCS
- Fan speed – 650-2000 RPM (PWM) ± 10%
- Fan airflow – 57.3 CFM (Max)
- Fan air pressure – 2.0 mmH2O (Max)
- Fan MTTF – 160,000 Hours
- Fan noise level – 30 dBA
- Fan power connector – 4-Pin (PWM)
- Fan rated voltage – 12V DC
- Fan rated current – 0.16 A
- Fan safety current – 0.37A
- Fan power consumption – 1.92W
- Warranty – 5 years