Last updated on September 26th, 2019 at 11:20 am
Deepcool is a Chinese manufacturer of PC cooling solutions, cases and power supplies. It is hard to believe they have been around for over 20 years now, but over the last few years they have definitely become more and more popular. Today, we will be looking at one of the latest additions from their extensive range of cooling products – the Deepcool Castle 240EX, which is a partially RGB-lit All-In-One liquid cooler (since RGB lighting is only applied to the pump and not the fans) from their line of Gamer Storm branded products.
With a very similar feel to their Castle 240 RGB, which we reviewed last year, the Gamer Storm Castle 240EX has some subtle changes to set it apart from previous versions. However, have these changes been enough to see an improvement in performance or just aesthetics?
A well-documented feature of the Castle 240EX is their patented anti-leak technology, which features an EPDM pressure relief bag, with one side of the bag exposed to air and the other side surrounded by coolant inside the radiator. When internal pressure of the radiator exceeds atmospheric pressure, the bag will contract to create a void and increase the internal volume of the radiator. Therefore, relieving pressure and lowering the risk of a leak.
An all new pump design has been implemented in the Castle 240EX, which is Driven by a 3-phase, x-life motor, and a pressure charging impeller. Deepcool state the new pump design is more powerful and less audible than previous generations. A copper thermal transfer plate sits at the base of the pump, with 25% more fins which increases heat absorption area considerably.
At the moment there are no retail outlets currently listing the Castle 240EX for purchase in the UK. However it is available for $129.99 in the U.S through Amazon. The Castle 240EX represents value for money while incorporating some great features, such as RGB lighting and anti-leak technology.
- Anti-Leak technology.
- Specially tuned TF120 S fans
- Customisable pump logo
- Copper thermal transfer plate
- 5V Addressable RGB
- Radiator Dimensions – 282×120×27 mm
- Radiator Material – Aluminum
- Net Weight – 1400 g
- Tube length – 310 mm
- Pump Dimensions – 86×75×71 mm
- Pump Speed – 2550 RPM±10%
- Pump Noise – 17.8 dB(A)
- Pump Connector – 3-pin
- Pump Rated Voltage – 12 VDC
- Pump Rated Current – 0.2 A
- Pump Power Consumption – 2.4 W
- Fan Speed – 500~1800 RPM±10%
- Fan Airflow – 64.4 CFM
- Fan Air Pressure – 2.33 mmAq
- Fan Noise – ≤32.1 dB(A)
- Fan Connector – 4-pin PWM
- Bearing Type – Hydro Bearing
- Fan Rated Voltage – 12 VDC
- Fan Rated Current – 0.15 A
- Fan Power Consumption – 1.8 W
- LED Type – Addressable RGB LED
- LED Connector – 3-pin(+5V-D-G)
- LED Rated Voltage – 5 VDC
- LED Power Consumption – 2.25 W