Imagine for a moment that you were a multi millionaire and had no limits when it came to budgeting for your gaming rig. Well, today we hope to take you on a trip down fantasy lane as we look at not one, but two of the XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition Limited 4GB cards – Number 021 and Number 022. Would you love to be in a position to budget over £1,800 for just the graphics cards? Yeah we thought so, join the club.
At 31 cm long the XFX HD 5970 Black Edition Limited 4GB gives the word ‘beast' a whole new meaning. Today we are going to look at the performance of both cards in a variety of synthetic benchmarks and real world gaming situations. We also have a personal goal to achieve – KitGuru wants to break 40,000 in 3DMark Vantage at Performance settings.
- 4GB GDDR5 memory
- ATI Eyefinity6 Edition
- Supports up to six panels via ATI Eyefinity technology (1, 3)
- Supports up to 7680 x 3200 resolutions in Single Large Surface (SLS) Mode or up to 2560 x 1600 per output.
- Windows 7 support
- ATI Stream technology (2)
- Designed for DirectCompute 11 and OpenCL
- Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT) (2,4)
- Compliant with DirectX® 11 and earlier revisions
- Supports OpenGL 3.2
- 40 nm Process technology
- ATI CrossFireX™ multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance (5)
- ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology (6,7)
- Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlay™ technology (6)
- 6x Mini-DisplayPorts
- PCI Express® 2.1 support