The Biostar brand doesn't have a massive presence in the UK, at least not in the enthusiast segment of the market. We consider Asus, ASRock and Gigabyte to be the top three enthusiast brands on the market at the moment but this is something Biostar are looking to change with the release of their new range of motherboards.
Today we are going to look at the top-end motherboard in Biostar's range, the TZ77XE4. It has been designed with enthusiasts in mind and boasts a feature set to rival some of the best boards currently offered by the market leaders. We look forward to seeing how well the TZ77XE4 will overclock and perform in our tests.
We will be using both the Intel Core i7-3770K and i7-2700K for testing today.
- Support the Intel 3rd and 2nd generation Core i7 and Core i5 processors in the 1155 package
- Intel Z77 single chip architecture
- Support 4-DIMM DDR3-2600(OC)/2400(OC)/2133(OC)/1866(OC)/1600/1333 up to 32G maximum capacity
- Support SATA 6Gb/s 2X speed than current SATA 3G
- Support Intel Smart Response Technology
- Support USB 3.0
- 100% X.D.C solid capacitor
- BIOSTAR G.P.U (Green Power Utility) Technology for Energy Saving
- BIOSTAR Toverclocker utility
For more detailed information about the TZ77XE4, please visit the Biostar website, here.