Today we are going to take a look at the Gigabyte F2A85XN-WIFI, a mid-range mini-ITX motherboard, aimed at those who are looking to build a basic compact gaming system or a compact media centre PC.
The Gigabyte F2A85XN-WIFI features the AMD A85X chipset and supports all of the latest ‘Richland’ APUs, as well as the previous generation models. Despite the compact dimensions of the mini-ITX form factor, Gigabyte has managed to achieve an impressive specification for this model which includes on-board Wi-Fi and even dual HDMI ports.
While we never expect to achieve massive overclocks on mini-ITX motherboards due to the generally less beefy power regulation circuitry, we are excited to see if we can squeeze a few extra MHz out of the 6800K in our tests.
- GIGABYTE Digital Power design with GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 4 Plus technology
- Supports socket FM2 AMD A-series/ Athlon-series processors
- Enhanced AMD Radeon HD 8000/7000-series graphics (DX11) integrated with the APU
- 1 PCI-E 2.0 x16 interfaces with AMD Dual Graphics, Eyefinity support
- Features dual HDMI/ Dual-link DVI ports for Full HD 1080 and HDCP support
- Features Atheros Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n 300Mbps + BLUTETOOTH 4.0 wireless solution
- 4 USB 3.0 ports with transfer rates of up to 5Gbps
- 4 SATA3 ports with up to 6Gbps link speed and RAID 0,1,5,10 support
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology with 3x USB power design