MSI has been teasing information of a new motherboard addition to their already extensive X570 range. The new motherboard features an all-black design with absolutely no RGB and has already managed to set an overclocking record for the Ryzen 9 3900X processor.
MSI says the new X570 Unify motherboard is tailored for gamers and enthusiasts that focus on the true value of a motherboard, which is a reference to the minimalist, all-black design. Don’t let the lack of garish colours or RGB lighting fool you though, this is a feature-packed motherboard.
The X570 Unify features MSI’s next-gen thermal solution, a Frozr heatsink design has been applied to the chipset, with a double ball-bearing fan and MSI Zero Frozr Technology controlling fan speed depending on chipset temperature. All three M.2 slots are covered by all-black aluminium heatsinks, with a matching beefy looking heatsink deployed to the power delivery system.
MSI has not cheaped out on the power delivery system either, with a 12+2+1 design packing 14 IR digital VRMs with 60A power stages receiving power from two 8-pin connections. The X570 Unify is said to use a server-grade PCB with steel armour applied to all three PCIe slots for durability.
Support for up to 128 GB of DDR4 4600 (OC) memory, three PCIe Gen 4 M.2 slots with up to 64 GB/s bandwidth, 2.5 gigabit Ethernet and Wi-Fi 6 are all packed into the MSI X570 Unify Motherboard. MSI says when you add this all together the X570 Unify is able to push the Ryzen 9 3900X processor to a record maximum frequency of 5.857 GHz.
You can check out the MSI X570 Unify key features below, with more information and specification available on the MSI website.
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen /Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600+(OC) MHz
- Aluminium Cover with Extended Heatsink: All-metal extended heatsink cover enlarge the surface of heat dissipation, ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Triple Lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2.
- 5G Gaming LAN with Latest Wi-Fi 6 Solution: Onboard 2.5G LAN with gaming LAN manager, combining latest Wi-Fi 6 solution which supports MU-MIMO and BSS colour technology, delivering the best online gaming experience.
- Frozr Heatsink Design: Designed with the patented fan and double ball bearings to provide the best performance for enthusiast gamers and prosumers.
- Audio Boost HD: Isolated audio with dedicated processor combining ESS audio DAC with amplifier, deliver the breathtaking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay.
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation
There’s no word on pricing and availability from MSI just yet but we will be sure to let you guys know when we get the full details.
KitGuru says: An enthusiast motherboard without a hint of RGB- a brave decision in today's market, or a step in the right direction?