B550 and micro-ATX seem to go hand-in-hand, especially given the scarcity of quality X570 micro-ATX offerings. We are examining the ASUS TUF-Gaming B550M-Plus (Wi-Fi) motherboard that features dual M.2 connectors, 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2, and 802.11AX WiFi.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
Built around a 4-layer PCB and 8+2 stage power delivery solution, the ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus (Wi-Fi) is aiming to tempt users who want a premium micro-ATX motherboard. Bells and whistles come in the form of high-speed networking, sizeable VRM heatsinks, and smooth RGB LEDs.
You also get the usual array of ASUS features and the promise of excellent fan control capability. It all sounds promising for this premium mATX B550 offering that typically sells for £185. But how does the ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus (Wi-Fi) stack up versus the competition?
Features (information taken from the ASUS webpage):
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics Processors
- Enhanced power solution: 8+2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool connector, military-grade TUF components, and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive cooling: VRM heatsinks, PCH fanless heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 2+ utility
- Next-gen connectivity: PCIe 4.0 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C support
- Made for online gaming: Intel® WiFi 6, 2.5 Gb Ethernet, TUF LANGuard and TurboLAN technology
- AI noise-cancelling microphone: Provides crystal-clear in-game voice communication