Last updated on April 8th, 2019 at 05:12 pm
Last year ASUS entered the power supply market. We reviewed their ROG Thor 1200W Power supply, a heavily modified Seasonic unit that delivered superb results – well if you could afford the £315 asking price. Today we take a look at the 850 watt model priced around £200, meaning it will target a much wider audience.
ASUS Republic Of Gamers is a flagship brand for ASUS. Its a well known, high end, and often expensive range of products and the THOR series of power supplies are no exception. ASUS are using 100% Japanese capacitors throughout alongside their patented Wing-Blade fan design with 0db technology.
They are also utilising an integrated heatsink solution which they claim delivers better performance that competing designs with 20% lower load temperatures. This they say will enhance life span.
ASUS seem confident with the design and are offering a 10 year warranty.
– Unique ROG heatsinks and dust-resistant, IP5X-certified Wing-blade fan offer extended component lifespan and 0dB operation
– Certified 80 PLUS Platinum power delivery, with high-end Japanese capacitors and premium components
– World’s first consumer PSU featuring integrated OLED Power Display for real-time power consumption monitoring
– Addressable RGB LEDs for advanced customization and lighting control with Aura Sync-compatible ASUS ROG motherboards
– Intel specification: ATX12V
– Dimensions: 160 x 150 x 86mm
– Efficiency: 80 Plus Platinum
– Protection features: OPP/OVP/SCP/OCP/OTP
– Hazardous materials: ROHS compliance
– AC input range: 100-240V
– RGB lighting: Asus Aura Sync compatible
– DC output voltage: +3.3V, +5V, +12V, -12V, +5Vsb
– Maximum load: 20A, 20A, 71A, 3.6A, 15A
– Total output: 852W
– Warranty: 10yr