This week we take a look at another of the latest Seasonic PRIME Platinum power supplies – this time in a 1200 watt capacity. These new supplies are less expensive than the previous flagship Titanium graded units but still offer a pure modular design and feature high grade Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) cooling fans.
There is no doubt that Seasonic are a producer of fine quality power supplies – over the years, they have been the most consistent manufacturer in our tests. Companies such as Corsair, XFX and Cooler Master have used them as an OEM in some of their previous high end designs, so we know they are much desired.
Overclockers UK are already taking pre orders for the Seasonic PRIME 1200W Platinum power supply – priced at £244.99 inc vat HERE.
1200W PRIME Platinum Specifications:
– Model name: SSR-1200PD
– 80 PLUS®: Platinum
– Form Factor: Intel ATX 12 V
– Dimensions: 170mm (L) x 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) +/-1 mm
– Fan Size: 135 mm
– Fan Control: Premium Hybrid Fan Control
– Fan Bearing: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
– Life Expectancy: 70,000 hours at 40 °C, 15 % – 65 % RH
– Modularity: Fully Modular
– Cable type: Flat black cables
– Operating Temperature: 0 – 50 °C
– MTBF @ 25 °C, excl. fan: 150,000 hours
– AC Input: Full Range
– Protection: OPP, OVP, UVP, OCP, OTP, SCP
– Safety and EMC: cTUVus, TUV, CB, CCC, BSMI, EAC
– Environmental Compliance: Energy Star, RoHS, WEEE, ErP Lot 6, REACH
Review photography handled in house at KitGuru with a Leica S series medium format camera and S series prime lens. Please do not use any of the images within this review without express permission.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here