Today we are reviewing the Joby Wavo Air wireless mic kit, a £220 microphone solution for content creators. The kit also includes a number of brilliant accessories to help you make content faster and how you want. But how do the microphones sound, and are they worth the asking price? That's what we find out today.
- Weight: 33g (Transmitter)
- Power source: Lithium Batteries
- Mounting options: Clothing clip, cold shoe, magnetic mount, GorillaPod Leg clip
- Transmitter capsule: Consendser Electret
- Sensitivity: -42dB (Built in) -30dB (Lavalier)
- Connection: 3.5mm TRS or TRRS
- ABS Plastic
- Battery life: Up to 6 hours
- Dimensions: 4.2 x 1.9 x 6.4 cm
- Polar pattern: Omnidirectional
- 2.4GHz frequency
The Joby Wavo Air Kit retails for £219.95 and you can get it from Joby HERE.
- 50m range for long distance recording.
- 6 hour battery life means less need to recharge.
- Quick 2-hour full charge.
- Great sound quality from both transmitter and lav microphones.
- Includes a number of high quality, useful accessories for mounting.
- Kit includes two receivers for dual subjects in recording.
- Transmission can be interrupted in busy environments like expos, conventions etc.
- The design is a little vivid so not very discreet for interview setups.
- When using two mics, audio is recorded to both tracks so not independent tracks per person.
- No carry case is included which might make losing the smaller accessories a possibility.
KitGuru says: For £220 this kit delivers solid performance and a number of intuitive mounting options for people looking for a mic kit. And considering this is Joby's first attempt at making a wireless mic kit, we're impressed and intrigued to see where Joby takes this product range.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here