The Asus Republic of Gamers GX700 is the world’s first mass-produced watercooled laptop. By now you are probably thinking; ‘hang on a minute, that sounds very familiar… you’ve already reviewed this laptop!’ True – in April we did release a full video review of the pre-release GX700. However, we can now present our final review of the retail GX700 with full benchmark scores – exactly as it would be if you went out and bought one yourself.
If you have seen our video review of the pre-release sample, you will know how the GX700 works. It ships with a watercooling dock, complete with 2x 92mm radiators, which connects to the laptop to provide the watercooling ability. When the laptop is undocked, it functions just as any other conventional laptop.
It is very easy to focus on the watercooling aspect of the GX700, and forget about the rest of the hardware – which is very impressive. It packs in a full-fat desktop GTX 980, 2x 256GB Samsung SM951 SSDs in RAID0, as well as a whopping 32GB of 2400MHz DDR4 memory. That is all without mentioning the overclockable, quad-core with HyperThreading, Intel Core i7-6820HK CPU. So, without further ado, let’s dive right into the review.
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 6820HK Processor,
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Memory: DDR4 2800(O.C.)/2133 MHz SDRAM, 64 GB
- Display: 17.3″ 16:9 Full HD (1920×1080) anti-glare
- Graphic: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980
- Storage: PCIE x 4 256G
- Card Reader: 2 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MMC)
- Camera: HD Web Camera
- Networking: Integrated 802.11 ac
- Interface: 1 x Microphone-in jack,1 x Headphone-out jack, 1 x USB 3.1 TYPE C port(s), 3 x USB 3.0 port(s), 1 x RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1 x HDMI, 1 x mini Display Port, 1 x Thunderbolt port, 1 x SD card reader, 1X AC adapter plug
- Audio: Built-in Stereo W Speakers And Array Microphone
- Battery:6Cells 93 Whrs
- Power Adaptor:19 V DC, 9.5 A, 180W; 19.5 V DC, 16.9 A, 330W
- Dimensions: 42.9 x 30.9 x 3.35 ~3.85 cm (WxDxH)
- Dock:41.7 x 36.8 x 11.4 cm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 3.6 kg with Battery
- Dock: 4.8 kg