Razer are back with a new flagship mechanical keyboard, inventively named the BlackWidow Chroma V2. Featuring Razer’s own mechanical switches, a new wrist rest and the ability to sync the lighting between all your Razer peripherals, could this be your dream keyboard? Read on to find out.
Having recently reviewed two keyboard behemoths in the shape of the ASUS ROG Claymore and the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, it will be very interesting to see how the Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 compares. Admittedly, it is priced around £30 less than both of those keyboards, but given it still costs £164.99 it is definitely positioned as a top-end mechanical keyboard. In this review we assess the build quality, features and performance of the BlackWidow Chroma V2 before giving our final verdict.
- Razer™ Mechanical Switches with 50g actuation force
- 80 million keystroke life span
- Chroma backlighting with 16.8 million customizable color options
- Razer Synapse enabled
- 10 key roll-over anti-ghosting
- Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording
- 5 additional dedicated macro keys
- Gaming mode option
- Audio-out/mic-in jacks
- USB pass-through
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling
- Braided fiber cable
- Approximate size: 475mm/18.72 in (Width) x 171mm/6.74 in (Height) x 39mm/1.54 in (Depth)
Approximate weight: 1500g/3.31lbs