While it is very possible you have never heard of Topre, the Japanese keyboard manufacturer has teamed-up with Seasonic to bring their Realforce RGB keyboard to market. The stand-out feature of the Realforce RGB is undoubtedly the Actuation Point Changer (APC) technology – this lets you adjust the actuation point of the keyboard's switches on a per-key basis, with a choice of 1.5mm, 2.2mm and 3mm actuation distances available.
While we were excited to get hands-on with the Topre Realforce RGB, it is worth mentioning the price straight-away: $279 in the US. In the UK, Topre distribute their keyboards through The Keyboard Company, and they currently have the Realforce RGB listed for £258.98. In any case, it is a lot of money for a keyboard, so let's get right to it and see if it's worth buying.
- Model name: AEAX01 (REALFORCE RGB)
- Weight: 1.4 kg (including packaging)
- Dimensions: 142 mm (W) x 455 mm (L) x 30 mm (H)
- Number of Keys: 108, ANSI Layout
- Length of cable: 1.5 m / 5 feet
- Switch: Electrostatic Capacitive & Non Contact Switch
- Key Life Time: 50 million times
- Key Weight: 45g ± 15 g
- Key Shapes: Ergonomic Step Sculpture
- N-Key Rollover: Full N key rollover
- Labelling of Keycaps: Double Shot ABS Keycaps
- Interface: USB
- Warranty: 3 year limited warranty
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here