Cherry is one of the most famous brands in the technology industry. From its inception in 1953 and subsequent move to Germany in 1979, it has now been producing keyboards for almost 45 years. While gamers are probably more familiar with Cherry’s switches, the company also makes a full line up of complete keyboards, mice and other peripherals. Today, we will be taking a look at the rather business-like Cherry B.Unlimited 3.0 Wireless Desktop Set.
Silence is golden. Over the past 12 months my main keyboard has been a Tt eSports Poseidon Z with Kailh brown switches. I love it in every way except one: It. Is. Loud. During a serious melee, it can sound like a Gatling gun. There are times when I feel sorry for my housemates.
The B.Unlimited is available online in the UK at just under £45. When you consider that Logitech and Microsoft offer a number of options for less than £30, you can see where Cherry has positioned this set.
It uses scissor switch key technology, similar to many laptops. As such, it is much quieter than a traditional mechanical keyboard, but not as silent as some membrane products. Strangely, the Cherry web site has technology pages for mechanical and realkey products, but not SX.
Cherry’s set features 128-bit AES encryption – suitably strong encryption for office/banking use.
- Durable abrasion-proof laser inscription of key caps
- USB cable charging function for both keyboard & mouse – even when in use
- Designed for continuous usage – over 20 mill. confirmations per key
- High-quality, pre-charged NiMH batteries from GP with a very low self-discharge
- Almost interference-free wireless 2.4 GHz technology (range of up to 10 metres)
- Data transmission using 128-bit encryption, complying to Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Multi-station capability operation of several wireless products in one room
- 3-button mouse: infrared sensor and adjustable resolution (1,000/2,000 dpi) with ergonomic side panels
- Transmission range: ~10 m
- Frequency range: 2.400 GHz – 2.4835 GHz
- Housing colour: Black
- Key colour: Black
- Keyboard (with battery): ~883g
- Mouse (with battery): ~145g
- Receiver: ~6g
- Total weight (with packaging): ~1.3Kg
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C
- Current Consumption Figures (max)
- Keyboard: 5mA
- Mouse: 5mA
- Received: 30 mA
- Warranty: 2 years
- Keyboard Technology: SX
- Service life: Over 10 million key operations
- Mouse Scanning technology: Infrared (1000/2000 dpi)
- Number of Keys: 3
- Mouse wheel design: Scroll wheel with key function
- Design: Symmetrical
- Unboxing and First Look