If you miss the benefits of your multi-monitor desktop when travelling, then a portable monitor could be the perfect companion to your laptop. With a variety of products available designed to offer similar functionality and a high level of portability, GeChic brings the On-Lap 1305H monitor to the table. The panel itself looks very good on paper, but the connectivity does appear to be quite basic thanks to the standard HDMI and USB connectors. With most modern laptops leaning toward the USB Type-C/Thunderbolt interface, has the On-Lap 1305H arrived too late or does it still hold some promise for daily usability?
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube HERE
Note: if the above images are not displaying properly, you may need to disable AdBlock as it is known to interfere with our display code.
- Model: On-Lap 1305H
- Panel: 13.3″ FFS TFT
- Active Area: 294mm*165mm (WxH)
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Color Depth: 16.7M
- Response Time: 12.5ms
- Input: 2 x Proprietary video port
- Output: HDMI, USB, 3.5mm mini jack
- Dimensions: 320mm x 203mm x 9mm
- Cover Dimensions: 325mm x 214mm x 15.4mm
- Weight: 950g (Monitor and cover)
- Cable Length: 1.2m
- On-Lap 1305H.
- On-Lap 1305H Case.
- Proprietary HDMI-A and USB-A cable.
- USB extension cable.
- Quick-start guide.
- User guide.
- Almost unlimited compatibility with devices supporting USB and HDMI.
- Lightweight at 685g for the monitor alone.
- Similar display adjustment options as a desktop monitor.
- Great viewing angles.
- A little pricey considering other available options.
- Limited available accessories.
- The case could have been better thought through.
Buy from Amazon UK for £290.00 inc. VAT HERE.
KitGuru says: At the end of the day, the GeChic On-Lap 1305H does what a lot of portable monitors do – it acts as a second screen for your laptop. But where it differs is in its seemingly archaic connections, when compared to other USB Type-C monitors available today. The standard USB and full-size HDMI connectors might seem clunky, but they allow you to use the On-Lap 1305H with a range of different devices.