Over the years, we’ve reviewed many Patriot memory kits, with the brand more often than not proving itself to be a viable contender, even in a competitive market place. Since the company has expanded into the peripheral market, we turn our attention to the flagship Viper V570 and V570 Blackout mice. Do they have what it takes to break into the already saturated FPS and MMO market?
While Patriot has played it safe in the past, the Viper V570 and V570 Blackout Edition sport a more ambitious design, relying on extreme contours to improve ergonomics and stand out aesthetically among competition. There’s a lot of promise starting at a retail price of $59.99, touting features that would often be seen nearing the $80+ mark, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Tracking: Laser Sensor
- OS Support: Windows® 10
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 80 x 44 x 133 mm
- Weight: 152.9 grams (up to 182.3g with weights)
- Resolution: 12,000 DPI
- Interface: USB
- Contents: 1 x Viper instruction manual, 7 x adjustable weights, 2 x Patriot Viper stickers
- Ceramic foot pads
- Multi-zone customisable RGB LEDs
- 13 programmable macro keys