The HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB seems to offer the perfect balance of performance and aesthetics, boasting not only spectacular 360° RGB lighting, but also reliable Omron switches and a crowd favourite Pixart PMW 3389 sensor. This could be a winner but the £59.99 asking price puts this right up there with some of the best mice on the market. With availability expected for early July 2018, is this the mouse you should be waiting for?
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube HERE
Note: if the above images are not displaying properly, you may need to disable AdBlock as it is known to interfere with our display code.
- Model: Pulsefire Surge RGB
- Colour: Black
- USB cable: Braided 1.8m
- Software: HyperX NGenuity
- Button number: 6
- Switches: Omron
- Dimensions: 120.24 X 40.70 X 62.85mm
- LED: RGB (16,777,216 colours)
- Sensor: Pixart PMW3389
- Sensor Type: Optical
- DPI: Up to 16,000 DPI, Presets 800 / 1600 / 3200 DPI
- IPS: 450
- Acceleration: 50G
- Polling rate: 1000Hz
- Weight: 100g
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Mouse
- Quickstart Guide.
- Super solid build quality.
- Large slippy feet for quick movement.
- Highly customisable RGB lighting with per LED control.
- Just 6 buttons could limit appeal.
- Not ambidextrous use despite the symmetrical design.
- Price puts it against some top rivals.
The Pulsefire Surge is not yet available in the UK, however its MRSP is £59.99 and we have been told to expect availability by early July.
KitGuru says: The Pulsefire Surge is a great mouse for competitive FPS gaming thanks to its small body and lightweight design. This smaller size may not be ideal for users with larger hands, but the top optical sensor paired with well thought-out RGB customisation makes the Surge RGB a great option for those who would like a capable mouse with some extra bling.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here