Not everyone has the budget for huge 7.1 surround sound kits. So what can you get towards the lower end of the spectrum? How about a pair of Edifier 980T speakers with full MDF frames and a specially formulated bass reflex port on each? At £50, they might be just what you are looking for – so let us see if they stand up to our battery of tests.
- Dual RCA inputs for connectivity to multiple audio sources.
- Calibrated flared bass reflex port, in front of the speaker cabinet.
- 100% MDF wooden enclosure.
- Universal switching power supply.
- Active bookshelf speaker system with 24W total power output.
- Total power output: RMS 12W × 2 (THD+N=10%).
- Signal to noise ratio: =85dBA.
- Input Type: PC / AUX.
- Audio input: Dual RCA input (RCA – RCA and RCA to AUX).
- Adjustment: Master volume control, bass adjustment control.
- Frequency response: 70 HZ-20 KHZ +/-9db.
- Input sensitivity: PC:700±50mV AUX:550±50mV (THD+N=1%).
- Subwoofer / bass unit: 4 inch (106mm), 6O.
- Tweeter unit: 13mm silk domed tweeter, 4O.
- Dimension: 140(W) × 226(H)× 197(D)mm.