Every now and then, we get something cool and funky into the KitGuru offices. Sometimes the timing of the new arrival is out and sometimes the timing is spot on. With the current heatwave, the arrival of a pair of Wavemaster Mobi speakers could not have been better timed.
Not only could they be useful for a day out in the park in the UK, but there’s also the long distance travel possibilities – music on the beach and/or besides the hotel pool.
Even that small introduction sets the scene perfectly, because the way we use speakers defines what they need to deliver.
With something like the Wavemaster Mobi speaker, we’re talking about :-
- Styling: Do you want to be seen with them?
- Battery Life: Will one of these speakers last long enough to satisfy your need for music on the move?
- Volume: Can a Mobi will your airwaves when you’re out and about?
- Durability: Will a Wavemaster Mobi survive being battered around in your luggage?
With a UK street price that tends to be just over £18, most of the Wavemaster Mobi speakers you will see in the UK are Black or White, although Pink and Green are also listed on Wavemaster’s site.
The basic specification looks like this:-
- Speaker driver: 3,8 cm full range
- Amplifier: Class-D, integrated
- Output power (RMS): 1 x 3,8 W
- Frequency response: 80 – 20000 Hz
- Controls/display: On/Off, LED indicator for ON/OFF and charging status
- Battery: Li-Ion 3,7 V, 500 mAh
- Charging Voltage: USB 5 V
- Connectors: 3,5 mm stereo / Micro-USB-connector for charging
- Dimensions: ø 80 mm x 50 mm
- Weight: 90g
Around the time that Wavemaster sent over some Mobi speakers, we happened to have Vanessa Agyemang in the KitGuru studios. When she is not winning awards for modelling, Vanessa is an architecture graduate with a lifelong interest in style and design. In fact, she’s in the process of setting up her own product design company, so we we thought we’d ask her to give the speakers a unique showcase environment for photography:-