Netgear has announced a new range of unmanaged 24-port Gigabit Ethernet Switches offering high PoE power budgets at 190W and 380W, with PoE Power Auto-Balance and Allocation to become the first on the market with these features.
The Netgear GS324P provides a 24-port unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Switch with 190W PoE budget across sixteen ports with a further eight non-PoE ports. In addition, A new Netgear GS324PP offers a total of 24-port Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in an unmanaged high-power PoE switch with 380W PoE power across all 24 ports to connect existing core networks.
Netgear claims both new products are cost-effective and powerful switches that provide the best price/PoE budget ratio. Both new designs feature a compact and quiet form factor which makes them perfect for either business or home use with desktop or rackmount flexibility.
PoE Power Auto-Balance and Allocation technology balances PoE power to each port based on the device needs and is independent of the PoE class detected, to ensure optimal power allocation and energy-efficiency across all PoE ports. Netgear says these switches deliver the power the device needs, allowing more powered devices to be connected compared to class-only unmanaged PoE switches on the market.
“With the growth of PoE products on the market, NETGEAR is keeping step with demand by developing more switches to address the growing market needs,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of SMB product management for NETGEAR. “We are happy to deliver the first high-power unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet 24-Port PoE+ Switches on the market with PoE Power Auto-Balance and Allocation.”
Netgear 3000 series Unmanaged switch features:
- PLUG-AND-PLAY – Simple setup with no software or configuration needed
- ROBUST METAL CASE – Built to last, with anywhere placement and quiet operation
- EASY-MONITORING – Per port LEDs for port activity and speed and for PoE indication; Power, Fan Status, and PoE Max system LEDs to indicate when full PoE budget has been used
- GIGABIT ETHERNET – 24 auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports with up to 48Gb non-blocking switching
- PoE AUTO-BALANCE – unique PoE technology automatically balances the PoE power per port based on the device needs independent of PoE class detected. They deliver the power the device needs, at the most granular level for the best energy efficiency.
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY – Worry-free warranty with 90-days free 24/7 tech support
The GS324PP and GS324P Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ unmanaged switches are available now worldwide for a manufacturer’s advertised price of $329.99 (GS324PP) and $249.99 (GS324P).
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: Are you looking for new unmanaged PoE switches for you home or office network? Could these new additions from Netgear be worth investing in?