Asustor's AS4004T is a compact 4-bay NAS that sits under the company's ‘Home to Power User' banner and features a 1.6GHz processor, DDR4 memory and a 10GbE RJ45 port. It also sports Asustor's latest diamond cut exterior finish. Is it worth the £340 asking price?
There are just two models in the AS40**T family, the 2-bay AS4002T and the drive we are looking at here, the 4-bay AS4004T. Both use the same processor and memory combination.
Sitting at the heart of the AS4004T is a dual-core Marvell ARMADA-7020 64-bit processor, using ARM Cortex A72 architecture, which is clocked at 1.6GHz. Backing this up is 2GB of DDR4 memory and if you feel the need to upgrade the memory then unfortunately you are out of luck as the memory modules are soldered directly the motherboard. The AS4004T also has a dedicated hardware AES 256-bit encryption engine.
- Processor: Marvell ARMADA-7020 1.6GHz (Dual-Core).
- Memory: 2GB DDR4.
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 2 x 1GbE, 1 x 10GbE
- Rear panel connectors: 1 x USB 3.1
- Front panel connectors: 1 x USB 3.1
- RAID support: 0,1,5,6,10
- Cooling: Active 1 x 120mm.
- Drive Bays Supported: 4.
- Maximum hard drive size supported: 14TB.
- Maximum Capacity: 56TB
- Maximum single volume size: 16TB
- Internal File System support: EXT4.
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 230 x 174 x 170mm.
- Weight: 2.2 kg.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here