Today we are going to look at Asus’ latest gaming headset in the Republic of Gamers line, the Vulcan Pro. It’s very similar in design to the Vulcan ANC but with two differences. It boasts a slightly different microphone which is longer and easier to adjust and is supplied with an external USB sound card which features virtual surround sound and a built in headphone amplifier.
Over the past few years there has been a substantial growth in the number of manufacturers offering a range of gaming peripherals on the market. Last year we looked at Asus’ first attempt at a gaming headset under their Republic of Gamers brand, the Vulcan ANC. We were very impressed with what it had to offer so we gave it our most prestigious ‘Must Have’ award.
- Exclusive ROG Spitfire USB audio processor – driver-free hardware DSP (digital signal processor).
- 7.1 virtual surround, headphone amplifier, and FPS EQ one-click gaming sound enhancement modes.
- World’s only active noise cancellation created specifically for gaming reduces 85% low frequency noise, especially from PC components.
- 30dB passive noise cancellation of high frequency environmental noise and human voice.
- Neodymium magnet drivers deliver crystal-clear directional audio detail.
- Ultra-soft cushions made from memory foam and breathable Japanese protein leather for long-lasting comfort.
- Driver Driver Diameter: 40 mm
- Driver Material: Neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response Headphone: 20 ~ Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ohm
- Input Sensitivity: -42 dB
- Cable Length: 2.5 metre
- Distortion (T.H.D): 0.01%
- Noise Cancelling Performance
Active: Maximum > 15 dB : 85 % ambient noise cancellation
Passive : Maximum > 30 dB
- Dimensions: 21 x 18 x 7 cm
- Weight: 326 g