In days gone by, it was rare to see PC gamers sitting anywhere other than at a desk when enjoying their favourite titles. With the emergence and widespread adoption of big-screen TVs and floor-shaking surround sound systems, PC gamers' desks have a competing entertainment area – the couch.
While couch (or sofa for us Brits) gaming is more commonly associated with consoles which rely upon handheld controllers, that's not to say that the entertainment equipment isn't up to scratch for high quality PC action. One of the main caveats for hardcore PC fans was the awkwardness of using a keyboard and mouse while sat away from the input devices' natural home – the desk.
Nerdytec has aimed to solve that problem with its portable-desk-like CouchMaster. Combining a solid wood cross-section support with a pair of soft, comfort-enhancing cushions, is the CouchMaster the product to make PC gaming a viable option for the ‘big screen'?
- 2x support cushions (1 with pocket).
- 1x wooden cross board support with integrated cable management.
- 3x palm and wrist rests.
- Hook and loop (Velcro) self-adhesive fastener strips.
- 4 port USB 3.0 mains-powered hub (Premium-edition only).
- 5m USB 3.0 extension cable (Premium-edition only).