be quiet!’s Dark Rock series of coolers has fared well in a fearsome market. In previous generations, a strong balance between noise output and cooling performance has made them desirable products. Can the German company repeat its success with version three of the dual-tower Dark Rock Pro CPU cooler?
Fastening a pair of the company’s highly-regarded SilentWings fans to a sizable dual-tower heatsink, be quiet! is aiming to win over enthusiasts with the Dark Rock Pro 3’s silent operation and worthy cooling performance. And speaking of cooling performance, be quiet! rates the Dark Rock Pro 3 for up to 250W of heat dissipation.
With seven 6mm heatpipes, wave contour aluminium cooling fins, vibration-isolating elements, and a dark black finish, does the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 offer the balanced performance that will make it sought-after to enthusiasts and gamers?
- CPU Socket Compatibility: Intel LGA 775, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011 & AMD 754, 939, 940, AM2(+), AM3 (+), FM1, FM2 (+)
- Heatsink Dimensions (L x W x H): 150 x 137 x 163 mm
- Heatsink Material: Aluminium fins
- Base Material: Copper
- Fan Speed (120mm): up to 1700 RPM
- Fan Air Flow (120mm): up to 57.2 CFM
- Fan Air Pressure (120mm): up to 1.23 mm H2O
- Fan Speed (135mm): up to 1400 RPM
- Fan Air Flow (135mm): up to 67.8 CFM
- Fan Air Pressure (135mm): up to 2.1 mm H2O
- Fan Connectors: 4-pin PWM (inc. built-in splitter)
- Warranty: 3 years.