Guaranteed reliability and enhanced thermal performance are the crucial principles upon which Asus’ TUF series motherboards are forged. A variety of military-grade certification tests, as well as five years’ worth of warranty, tackle the ‘guaranteed’ part of guaranteed reliability.
The physical elements of reliability and thermal performance, however, are handled with a different approach which includes a mixture of customised engineering and specifically-chosen components.
Perhaps the most evident feature of Asus’ TUF Sabertooth X99 motherboard is its distinctive Thermal Armor covering. The plastic shroud serves as a means of segregating heat sources and protecting the PCB, while the solid-metal TUF Fortifier found on the rear enhances structural integrity.
Functional values aside, an aesthetic appearance that is unique to only a select-few Asus motherboard SKUs is one of the key elements of Thermal Armor. Hate it or love it, the mechanism’s appearance is undeniably unique.
With individually-certified power delivery components, enhanced thermal control solutions, and an array of features ready for a long-term powerhouse, how does Asus’ Sabertooth X99 motherboard fare under closer examination?
- Ultra-fast 10Gb/s USB 3.1 built in to the board
- Patent Pending OC Socket – Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations!
- TUF Detective – system information at your fingertips
- Thermal Armor – Total airflow-boosting heat dissipation
- TUF Fortifier – Damage Protection and Improved Cooling
- Thermal Radar 2 – Customized Fan Tuning, Complete System Cooling
- TUF Components [TUF 10K Ti-Caps, TUF Chokes & MOSFETs; Certified by Military-standard]