ASRock have been releasing a wide range of quality motherboards in the last year and can now firmly be recognised as one of the major players in the industry. Today we are looking at their top of the line X79 motherboard, entitled the ‘Extreme 9′. This board is fully loaded and is marketed to compete against flagship products from companies such as Asus, MSI and Gigabyte. We are testing today with the Intel Core i7 3960X Extreme Edition processor, 16GB of 2,133mhz memory and Nvidia GTX590 running in a Quad SLI configuration.
When Intel launched the new X79 platform in November last year, we were on hand with multiple reviews, featuring the 3960X EE with several Asus and Gigabyte motherboards.
It has taken a little while longer for ASRock to bring their flagship product to market, so we hope it has been worth the wait.
- Premium Gold Caps (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Intel® Core™ i7 processor family for the LGA 2011 Socket
- Supports Quad Channel DDR3 2400+(OC), 8 DIMM slots, Max. capacity up to 64GB
- Digi Power Design, Advanced 16 + 2 Power Phase Design
- 5 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots, Supports AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™ and NVIDIA® 3-Way SLI™
- Broadcom Dual LAN with Teaming Function
- Supports ASRock X-FAN, XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, XFast Charger, Graphical UEFI, UEFI System Browser, AXTU
- Creative Sound Core3D 7.1 CH, Supports THX TruStudio PRO™
- Free Bundle : ASRock Game Blaster, Front USB 3.0 Panel, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suit